Two children died after apparently consuming half a bottle of medicine they found while playing in their home in Eersterust, Pretoria.
It was reported that the five-year-old blind boy and his two-year-old brother started feeling sick after they consumed the medicine which the name wasn’t disclosed.
 Sgt Sam Shibambo, Police spokesperson said; “It is alleged that a five-year-old blind boy and his two-year-old brother were playing in the house when the tragic incident happened. They allegedly consumed half a bottle of medicine together and afterwards they started feeling sick.”
“They were taken to Mamelodi day hospital, where they passed on. An inquest docket has been opened and an investigation is under way to establish the circumstances surrounding the children’s untimely passing and the cause of death”
Shibambo stated that counselling arrangement has been made for the bereaved family.

The police hereby urged parents and guardian to lock away medicine or keep it far out of reach from children at home.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.