31 arrested for looting and burning things in Malvern, Jeppestown

Gauteng police have arrested 31 suspects in Jeppestown and Malvern following the looting of shops on Sunday.

Police spokesperson Captain Mavela Masondo said shop owners have been opening cases at police stations.

On Sunday, a building caught fire at Jeppestown and three people died.

Masondo said the looting began when onlookers looted the shops while police were attending the scene of the fire.

“The situation today [Monday] is under control. There is police visibility in the area. Police will continue with investigations,” Masondo added.

In a separate incident, eight people were arrested in Tembisa on Monday morning for looting shops. More detauls as we get them

EFF leader Julius Malema shades president Ramaphosa and Economic strategy plan

Reacting to the proposed Economic strategy proposed plan, the leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) Julius Malema has accused president Ramaphosa and his allies of trying to profit from state-owned assets, claiming that the president’s move will destroy the economy.
The EFF leader also said Ramaphosa is incapable of fixing the country’s economy, even with the help of Finance Minister Tito Mboweni. The Minister as at last week released a discussion document on the Treasury website that outlines a strategy to rescue the country’s ailing economy.

Malema says all political parties and trade unions need to unite to protect state assets. He said “The white monopoly capital bought SA in Nasrec when it elected Cyril Ramaphosa as president. They want to take every asset owned by the state for the sake of making profit and personal accumulation. It is something that we are not going to agree, and we are going to make sure that we mobilise all the left forces, put aside out political differences and come together to protect the asset of the people of SA which Cyril, through Tito Mboweni wants to sell to his friends.”

Mass shooting in Texas leaves 5 dead and 21 injured (Photos/Video)

Five people were killed and 21 others injured in a mass shooting in and around the cities of Odessa and Midland, Texas, on Saturday afternoon (August 31).

Police confirmed that the shooter, a white man in his mid-30s who opened fire, was shot and killed in a gunfight with police at the Cinergy movie theater in Odessa.

The shooter was firing at random from his car, hitting multiple people, including several law enforcement officers and a 17-month-old girl, police said.

The first of the shootings began with a traffic stop by a Texas Department of Public Safety officer just after 3 p.m. local time, authorities said. The officer stopped a gold Honda with a traffic violation, according to police.

But after the vehicle came to a stop, the officer was shot, officials said.

The suspect fled along I-20 toward Odessa, and kept shooting at people in multiple locations, authorities said. When he got to 42nd Street, he struck several more people.

Confirming the shooting, Odessa Police Chief Mike Gerke said that the incident began when the suspect was pulled over for a traffic stop by a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper about 3:15 p.m. Central Time. The suspect shot the trooper and fled in a gold-colored Honda.

The traffic stop happened on Interstate 20, the highway that connects Midland and Odessa. At least one other person was shot on I-20, police said.

The El Paso branch of the FBI said that “it is too soon to know motive or the identity of the suspect.”

Shocking witness video from the theater shows police confronting the suspect outside of the theater and engaging in a shootout.

Kevin Hart suffers serious injuries in car accident

Kevin Hart suffered serious injuries after getting involved in a serious car accident early Sunday morning in the Malibu Hills.

Local police said the comedian and two other people veered into a ditch in the Malibu Hills just before 1 a.m. on Sunday morning. Though Hart was not driving, TMZ reported that he and the vehicle’s driver both suffered “major back injuries.”  The third person in the vehicle is a woman who did not require hospital treatment.

Crash scene video shows Kevin’s Plymouth Barracuda deep in a gully about 10 feet off the road. It was learnt that Hart was able to exit the wreckage himself and was picked up by his personal security team.

The other two passengers of the car have not been identified and the police reportedly said the driver of the car was not drunk at the time of the incident. The Hollywood star had bought the vintage muscle car as a 40th birthday present to himself back in July.

Man arrested for possession of illicit cigarettes worth over R1m

Police in Madikwe, acting on a tip-off, arrested a 43-year-old suspect on Saturday, 31 August 2019 in Moubana village outside Madikwe for possession of illicit cigarettes.

It is alleged that the police responded quickly after receiving the tip-off about two vehicles, a charcoal BMW and Red Golf that were escorting a truck which was suspected to have been hijacked. The police allegedly spotted the truck on the gravel road leading to Moubana and summoned back-up after realising that the truck was escorted by four vehicles. It is alleged that upon recognising the presence of the police, escorting vehicles fled the scene and left the truck behind. Consequently, the truck was stopped. Although five male occupants managed to run and fled into the bushes, the driver of the truck was arrested.

Upon conducting a search, the police discovered boxes of illicit cigarettes with estimated value of R1 166 000-00. The driver was charged for being in possession of illicit cigarettes (Export Control Act under the Customs and Excise Act 91 of 1964). He is expected to appear in court soon.

The Acting Provincial Commissioner of North West, Major General Ryno Naidoo, congratulated the police for their swift reaction that led to the massive recovery. He said that the success, which is in accordance with the Economic Stimulus Package Operation, will send a clear message that illicit activities will not be tolerated. He thanked members of the community for their cooperation in reporting the incident, which resulted in the arrest.

One killed, 8 injured following 3-vehicle collision

One person was killed and eight others were injured following a three-vehicle collision in Westonaria this morning.

When ER24 paramedics arrived at the scene shortly after 06H00, they found patients walking around at the scene. Upon further assessment, paramedics found a man underneath one of the vehicles who had sustained fatal injuries. Paramedics declared him dead at the scene. The other patients all sustained minor injuries.

It is understood that a primary collision happened before the secondary collision ensued.

ER24 transported the injured to hospital for further medical care.

The exact circumstances surrounding the incident were not known to our paramedics, but police were on the scene for further investigations.

Man killed when tractor and car collide.

A man, believed to be in his 30s, was killed this afternoon when a tractor and light motor vehicle collided on the R614 in Harburg, KwaZulu Natal.

ER24 paramedics arrived on the scene to find both the light motor vehicle and the tractor on the side of the road. The light motor vehicle was found partially beneath the front of the tractor.

Upon closer inspection, medics found the body of a man, believed to be in his 30s, lying inside the light motor vehicle. Assessments showed that the man had sustained numerous injuries and showed no signs of life. Nothing could be done for him and he was declared dead.

The driver of the tractor fortunately escaped injury.

Local authorities were on the scene for further investigations.

Photo: 2 year old allegedly raped by a 40 year old man

A 40-year-old man has been arrested by men of the Nigeria state police command for allegedly raping a 2-year-old girl in Uturu, Abia state South East of the country.

Activist, Harrison Gwamnishu, who shared the story online, said the victim, Ihechi Ndubuisi’s mother, sells Akara in front of an estate where the suspect worked as a security man. On August 22nd, he lured the little girl into his security post and defiled her. Ihechi’s mother found her baby with bloodstains all over her body.

The suspect has been arrested and detained at the Area Command Isiukwuato, Abia State.

The Victim is currently receiving medical treatment. The suspect will be charged to court soon.

Man In Critical Condition After Explosive Device Was Planted Under The Sit Of His Range Rover Exploded In Cape Town

The man was rushed to the hospital immediately the incident happened.

Greg Muller from Down South Towing stated that the bomb went off under the seat, and it was also understood that a hole was exploded through through the floor of the SUV.

Western Cape Police Spokesperson, Captain FC Van Wyk also confirmed the incident, says crime scene experts, K9 unit and SARs Bomb Squad search the area where the incident happened for clues.

“It is alleged that the victim left his house from Stonehurst Estate and while driving towards Ou Kaapse weg on Steenberg Road the vehile exploded. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition.”

“At this stage this office cannot confirm what caused the explosion,” He said.

Capetown Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson Jermaine Carelse also disclosed that fire brigaders came to the scene but there was no fire to extinguish.

The Steenberg road was closed in both directions, between Ou Kaapse Weg and Westlake Road. Cae Town Traffic ervice spokesperson, Richard Coleman said.

The police says anyone with information about the incident can contact the investigating officer Detective Captain Alexander on 082 469 2578 or Crime Stop on 08600 10111.

Four South African police officers reportedly arrested over gruesome murder of Nigerian man, Pius Ezekwem

The South African government have arrested four police officers over the gruesome murder of  a Nigerian businessman residing in their country, Pius Ezekwem.

46-year-old Pius who runs a chain of bread and breakfast guesthouses in the Eastern Cape Province in South Africa, was killed last weekend in front of his family members in his home by eight police officers. The police officers picked him up from a Nigerian eatery where he was hanging out with other Nigerians, forcefully took him to his home and afterwards shot him dead. Read initially story here.

Initially, no police officer was arrested in connection with the killing of Ezekwem. However, after a protest from the Nigerian government, four police officers have now been arrested and will be charged to court.

Abike Dabiri who is the Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, gave an update on the case via her Twitter handle.

Further to the murder of a Nigerian, Pius Abiaziem on 23/08/19, in SA

@DIRCO_ZA

four members of the South African police service have been arrested and will be charged to court immediately .